Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Author Study

I just finished my first ever author study. I must admit that at first I wanted to run and hide from this assignment. I thought it was just to overwhelming to design and I even thought what could a student really get from this? Now that the long nights of research are over and my many thoughts and ideas are carefully combined to create a engaging and meaningful lesson, I can say I am very happy to have gone through this. I have learned not only about a wonderful author, Jean Fritz, whom I had not heard of before, but through creating this unit I have a very clear understanding of the learning experience my future student will have. Author studies create a higher thought process for students to get a deeper understanding and appreciation of both literature and the authors behind those great stories.

I invite you to take a look into a two to three week unit on Jean Fritz. She is an award wining author that write mainly in the genre of historical non-fiction. Her ability to write the facts but with a humorous and thought provoking tone has captivated the minds of student for over 40 years. With over 65 titles to her name, she was a wonderful author for me to learn about and design a unit around.  Enjoy!

Jean Fritz Author Study

No comments:

Post a Comment